MGC Golf Club Established in 1877, is the third oldest golf course in the country. In 1878, an inter-club tournament with the Bangalore Golf Club was initiated, which is the oldest such running tournament. The golf course celebrated its 125th anniversary in 2002, a feat achieved by very few clubs outside of Britain. The golf Course is located at Guindy, close to the airport and lies within the horse racing track of the Madras Race Club. It is a links type course of 18 holes, par 70, with a yardage of 6690. The treacherous roughs make the course a tough proposition for even the experienced golfer. The open nature of the course and the sea breeze that sets in around 2 pm makes it playable even in the midst of the hottest summer.

Madras Gymkhana Club

President

Mr. C Venugopal

MIC Golf

Vice President

Mr. Sanjay Shroff

Vice President

Brig. V.N. Sawant

Honorary Secretary

Dr. T. Gunasagaran

Honorary Treasurer

Mr.K. Parthasarathy

Madras Gymkhana Golf Annex Sub-Committee

Captain Golf

Mr. R Sanjay

Honorary Sub-Secretary Golf

Mr. P S  Jagdish

Golf-Sub Committee Members

Mr. P Krishnan
Mr. C A Thiyagarajan
Mr. BabuDhandapani
Mr. B Jaikumar
Mr. B Ravi
Mr. B Suresh
Mr. Peter Paul
Mr. T Jayavelan
Mr. AnandaKrishnan
Gayatri Sridhar (Lady Captian - Golf)